Tuesday 27 March 2012

My Contents Page


This is the final draft for the contents page for my magazine. I have used some features from magazine's such as NME and The Source to create the aesthetic for my page. I have used the font Urban Jungle, which I downloaded, as I felt it suited the style of my magazine and the music genre; hip-hop was created in the modern urban environment. As seen in my double page, I also used a banner across the top of the page as a trend which will be seen in all issue of my magazine (see My Double Page Spread post).


The colour scheme is the same as always; blue and yellow to be attractive to my audience and connote a fun and entertaining vibe in my magazine. I have added some red, another bright colour, to my page to separate the articles. Once again, this colour was used to stand out and be noticed by my readers as it is not associated with the scheme of my magazine; I wanted to show some diversity as my audience may get bored of the consistent colour use.


The image I have used takes up the entire background of my page and is a picture of my main model; relating to my main article. I used this to assure that my main article is advertised throughout the magazine pages so that my readers will read it. I copied and pasted the main image and made the copy more transparent; this is where my article titles and features are written. This is so it is easier for my audience to read as the bright colours stand out more on a lighter background.

No comments:

Post a Comment