Tuesday 27 March 2012

My Front Cover


This is the final draft for the front cover of my magazine. As always, the bright blue and yellow colours are used to attract my audience; since the cover is what my audience will see when they are looking on the magazine shelves, it is important that I use my bright colour scheme to attract them to my product. Another way I attempt to attract my audience is through my main cover image. An important feature of my image is that my main model is making direct address to my audience; this would gain the attention of my target audience as my model would be a high profile and famous musician and their direct address would entice my audience to read about them. I have also included their name in the headline, in large bold writing, which is also seen when my audience look at my magazine cover; again this is used to attract my target readers.


I used a number of effects on the masthead for my magazine such as drop shadow and bevel to make it appear more unique and to stand out. The word "Cipher" is relevant to the genre of music in my magazine and so seeing it as a masthead for it would attract my specific audience to see what it is all about. I have also positioned my main model with his head overlapping my masthead, I had seen this feature used in numerous magazines and so I felt that to make my product appear more professional I would need to use this technique on my cover.


Additional features such as the coverlines, the puff/plug, magazine date/issue and the barcode were also seen in other magazine covers and so I used them on mine to give it a more professional appearance. The puff/plug, I feel, is an effective way to advertise particular content within my magazine; using phrases like "40 Best DJs Inside!" grabs my reader's attention in an attempt to get them to read my magazine. I have used a purple banner on the top of my cover, similar to that on my contents and double page, which i have used to further advertise my product. I wanted to let my readers see that the information in my magazine is "exclusive" in an attempt to get them to read it and continue to buy it. The coverlines are also used to show what else my magazine contains in order for my target audience to gain interest and read on.

No comments:

Post a Comment